At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Technical Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, or Remote . At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Technical Engineer will be responsible for installing and configuring 3M HIS solutions including 360 Encompass, 360e MD, and eHDS products.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Aggressively pursue learning the basic use, operation and functionality of all 3MHIS eHDS and 360 Encompass products to allow for on-site or remote consultations including, but not limited to, eHDS and 360 Encompass technology environment requirements, eHDS and 360 Encompass product installations, diagnostic efforts, conversions, and upgrades
* Demonstrate improvement and enhancement of technical skills for 3MHIS eHDS and 360 Encompass products/applications and new technologies
* Provide timely assistance to the Client Support Center (help desk) to promote improved resolution of 3MHIS and non-3MHIS related support calls
* Provide escalation support to Implementation Consultants and the Client Support Center by identifying key issues for problem resolution with a clear understanding of recommendation impact on the client organization
* Work with Development and other 3MHIS eHDS and 360 Encompass departments to provide technically viable solutions and problem resolution as appropriate to meet the organizational goals
* Work with Project Managers, Implementation Consultants, and Technical Services to develop and manage realistic yet aggressive work plans and time lines for all engagements, maximizing customer satisfaction and revenue generating opportunities
* Communicate regularly with Project Managers and the Technical Services Operations Manager on the status of engagements, trouble sites, etc, while clearly defining problems and recommendations in a timely manner
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards
* Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) years of equivalent experience in Technical Support or Network Administration role in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of three (3) years working with network operating systems including Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
* Three (3) years of experience working with SQL 2012 or higher
* Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
* Demonstrate the skills required in developing and maintaining an effective and professional consultant-client relationship consistent with 3MHIS policies.
* Experience working with virtual machine technology such as VMWare.
* Experience working with thin client solutions such as Citrix.
* Strong diagnostic skills and experience using Microsoft diagnostic tools.
* Basic working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Must have excellent verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of the overall organization.
* Must be capable of maintaining effective and professional customer relations in a fast paced environment.
* Current Microsoft MCSE or MCITP certification for Windows Server or SQL Server preferred.
* Ability to learn proprietary software applications quickly.
* Ability to work independently within a team of professionals.
* An understanding of Health Information Systems environments recommended.
* Display self-confidence when challenged within assigned areas and accept responsibility willingly.
* Speak and communicate clearly and in a tone appropriate to each situation.
* Communicate professionally, honestly, directly, effectively and in a timely manner, providing documentation as necessary for the situation.
* Demonstrate respect for others; treat all persons in a courteous, positive and cooperative manner.
* When appropriate, disagree tactfully by focusing on facts, avoiding personal preference and self-interest.
* Effectively manage one's time when working on 3MHIS eHDS and 360 Encompass engagements.
* Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and excellent teamwork skills.
* Work together to resolve obstacles that inhibit the positive performance of the group.
* Participate in the development of team objectives
Location: Silver Spring, MD; Murray, UT; Albany, NY; Meriden, CT or Atlanta, GA or any 3M HIS Office.
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that's valued. To View this recognition, please visit:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...