- Army National Guard
49 E Spring St
68J Medical Logistics Specialist
Job Views: 414
Location: WINOOSKI, Vermont, United States
ZIP Code: 05404
Job Category: Medical
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
For doctors and nurses to administer the proper care, they need the proper equipment. As the Medical Logistics Specialist, you will make sure that all medical staff has the supplies necessary to provide the finest health care to each and every patient.
The right supplies, delivered at the right time, can ensure the safety of troops in the field. Medical Logistics Specialists manage the Army National Guard's large medical inventory by receiving, storing, recording, and issuing medicines and medical supplies.
* Perform inventory and financial management procedures, including ordering, receiving, and storing supplies
* Load, unload, and move stock using equipment such as forklifts and hand trucks
* Perform quality control, property management, and repair parts management
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Stock control and accounting procedures
* Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing stock
* Understanding the handling of medical and food supplies
* Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration, and typing
* Ability to keep accurate records
* Preference for physical work
* Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a stock control clerk in the pharmaceutical or medical supply field. You may also qualify as a parts clerk or storekeeper with civilian factories, repair shops, department stores, and government warehouses and stockrooms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Medical Logistics Specialist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Training consists of both classroom and field work.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Associated topics: analyst, generalist, inventory control, leader, logistics manager, logistics specialist, senior, supervisor, supply chain, warehouse analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...