- $87,510.00 -130,950.00/year*
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental & quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing returns to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to give broad exposure to global capital markets. At BlackRock, we value diverse perspectives and experiences. As such, teams within our Investments business would like to invite experienced research and investing professionals who are looking to re-launch their careers after an extended absence from the workplace to participate in a paid 14-week pilot returnship.
This program is aimed to help participants renew their:
* Experience through on-the-job learning of investing
* Exposure through networking and mentoring opportunities
* Education through specific skill-based training, modelling, and financial analysis
Candidates should have significant experience conducting research and due diligence, building financial models, and assessing / synthesizing industry and financial data.
Whether this pilot returnship leads to a full-time career, or serves to sharpen the skills necessary to take the next step, it will be a valuable experience for participants to build their career portfolio.
Please note that while we hope to be able to offer the best performers opportunities to stay on full-time at BlackRock, participation in the pilot returnship does not guarantee a permanent position.
Global Energy and Power Infrastructure Funds (GEPIF) currently manages about $6 billion for investment in the power, midstream, utility and other areas in the energy sector across three 15-year, closed end, private equity funds. The team recently began fundraising for a third $3.5 billion fund. The team has created 25 portfolio companies for the Funds and is actively investing globally. BlackRock acquired the Funds in 2017 from First Reserve, a private equity firm that has been investing in exclusively in the energy sector since 1983.
* Conduct research - including financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies
* Build and update financial and valuation models
* Coordinate and manage due diligence processes using internal and external resources
* Meet with management teams to build stronger understanding of underlying industry, competitive dynamics, business drivers, and strategic direction
* Synthesize and assess financial, industry data
* Draft and present memoranda for new or existing investments
* Associate-equivalent or higher prior to work break; or 4+ years relevant experience in Investment Banking, Consulting, Investment Management, or finance division of an Energy company
* 2+ years voluntary career break
* Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
* Strong research skills with particular strength in financial analysis/modeling
* Broad understanding of business models, industry dynamics, and competitive analysis
* Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of information in succinct manner
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock - Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Associated topics: business, capital, commission, economics, market, financial analyst, insurer, investment, pricing, real estate
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...