- Bottomline Technologies
- $56,570.00 -80,540.00/year*
Who We Are:
Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY) provides cloud-based payment, invoice and banking solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Over 10,000 customers trust Bottomline to meet their needs for efficiencies, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital. Headquartered in the United States, Bottomline also maintains offices in UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit www.bottomline.com.
Bottomline's Digital Banking and Business Solutions division serves a variety of top-tier banks and financial institutions. Bottomline provides these institutions with web-based software for online banking, payments management, cash management, treasury, and accounts payable automation.
The Payments and Cash Management Segment is looking for a well-rounded Production Support Engineer to troubleshoot complex customer production problems in a variety of environments, including BT hosted application environments. Individual will work with various internal and external technical and business organizations. This position will entail learning to support multiple applications across many system configurations, and it requires the ability to work on \"after-hours\" high-severity issues when they arise. This role is customer facing and requires excellent communication skills.
This role can be based out of our Providence RI office or, an open location on the West Coast
* Reports directly to the Support Segment Manager
* Performs production support, troubleshooting and maintenance (defect resolution)
* Maintain multiple local environments for debugging systems
* Remotely and locally debug code for multiple applications using the Bottomline standard tools on BT technology and architecture
* Work cooperatively across teams to gather issue information and drive to resolution
* Login and take customer calls on an agreed upon schedule and as required
* Develop data repair scripts to address urgent client issues
* Work with the Implementations and Delivery Teams on defect resolution and solution delivery
* As an active member of the development community, utilize and promote best practices
* Develop new technical skills and learn industry knowledge
* Participate in process improvement efforts
* Work with the customer to recreate and identify system defects both hosted and on-premise
* 2 to 4 years of experience with hands-on, web-based application software development preferred
* Strong troubleshooting skills, and excel at problem solving
* Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally
* Excellent communication and reactionary/triage instincts
* Participation in the complete life-cycle of an enterprise-wide, web-based application is desirable
* Minimum 1-year of experience developing Web applications using Java J2EE, Oracle database and SQL
* Developing web applications using Ajax
* Web Services
* GIT, Subversion
* Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
* Good understanding of networking principles
* Developing banking and financial applications
* Agile Development Methodology
* BS in Computer Science degree, or proven experience in a related field
Associated topics: client support, customer support, desk, help desk, information technology help desk, msword, support, technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...