The Ambulatory Report Writer analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops individual reports in the Epic Ambulatory system; and in support of these activities, is expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of operational system usage. This level of knowledge requires a deep understanding of system build, end user workflows, and patterns of use in physician offices and hospital based clinics. The incumbent must possess both the technical skills required to design and write reports and the operational knowledge that will help them understand what report consumers need to see.
Bachelors Degree required in Computer Information Systems or related field with one to three years experience as a Programmer Analyst, Support Analyst, or related position, preferably in a health care and/or hospital environment. Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts, including primary keys, foreign keys, and joins. Proficiency and demonstrated experience with report writing tools. Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure desired. Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the data model through data model classes geared toward specific Epic applications. Ability to determine data structures that benefit the entire reporting environment. Must have strong communication skills and critical thinking and an analytical mind.
CNE Internal Posting Period 5-8-19 to 5-14-19
I. Application of Knowledge and Skill
* Validates Model System reports and identifies advanced reporting needs with end users
* Creates design specifications for new reports.
* Identifies and validates the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
* Creates new reports or modifies existing reports, using a third-party report writing tool, to display Clarity data.
* Modifies and maintains existing reports as necessary
* Reviews upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content and determining how to implement the changes.
* Understands decision making level, recognizes decisions and escalates as necessary.
* Effectively manages issues through to resolution.
* Administers monitors and maintains a high degree of system and application security and patient privacy.
* Prepares written documentation, including operational, technical and user information.
* Performs other job related duties as requested.
II. Planning, Productivity and Decision Making
* Effectively prioritizes own work in order to complete job responsibilities. Displays ability to adjust priorities based upon understanding of policies and procedures.
* Completes job responsibilities within required timeframe, according to established schedules or workflow requirements.
* Displays an ability to evaluate areas in need of improvement and provides input in order to improve current methods, services, programs or technology.
* Reviews and assesses information before making decisions and solving problems.
* Uses proper judgment and knowledge of established practices and procedures when addressing problems or issues.
* Performs all other related duties as required.
III. Customer Service
* Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
* Anticipates customer needs and proactively addresses them.
* Understands the customers business and the importance to the organizations mission.
* Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Follows the established procedures and effectively uses tools to provide high level support to customers.
* Demonstrates an ability to work well with employees at all levels across Care New England.
* Contributes information, ideas and opinions in a group setting.
* Volunteers for team assignments or group problem solving
* Represents own ideas and solutions while acknowledging and/or accepting ideas and solutions of others.
* Written communication is clear, concise and professional as well as appropriate to the recipient.
* Verbal communication is clear, professional in tone, non-threatening and appropriate to the recipient.
* Identifies which type of communication is appropriate under different circumstances.
* Is attentive, actively listens and can accurately relay information.
VI. Personal Development
* Maintains professional growth and development.
* Participates in taskforces and committees.
* Attends seminars, workshops and conferences as appropriate.
A. Provides input and assistance in the training and development of employees.
VIII. Department Standards
Effectively plans and schedules time off.
Number of days absent due to unscheduled PTO: _____
Number of days tardy: ____
Exhibits acceptable personal neatness and hygiene.
IX. CNE-Wide Standards
Care New England Values
* Set clear expectations and provide timely feedback and follow-through
* Do what you say you're going to do- and be fair about it
* Take ownership of your responsibilities
* Acknowledge and respond to the needs and challenges of every person
* Create an environment that encourages respect and appreciation
* Offer support, information and hope
* Listen and value each person's voice
* Ask \"how can I help?
* Support the work of each team and each team member