- Citizens Bank
- $104,000.00 -150,300.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Executive Credit role, responsible for the risk management of our Asset Finance and Franchise Lending portfolios.As a critical partner to the business line Division Managers and Senior Portfolio Managers, this person will drive the risk culture of each of these diverse business lines by influencing behavior on individual credit actions and overall portfolio management.This role, which reports to the Chief Credit Officer - Wholesale Banking, requires decisiveness and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to prioritize and operate in a multi-tasked and geographically dispersed environment both independently, and as the leader of a team of seasoned credit professionals that serve as subject matter experts for each of these portfolios.This individual must be able to identifykey drivers of growth in each of the business lines, contribute to the assessment of existing and proposed exposures, ensure credit decisions fall within expected risk appetite, and exhibit good judgment in decision making.This is a highly visible position within the organization, providing frequent opportunities to interact with executive leadership, board level committees and regulators for a senior risk professional looking to broaden their experience as a senior leader.
* Continuously monitors portfolios to identify emerging risks, credits vulnerable to downgrade and action plans to mitigate risk
* Drives a culture of proactive risk management
* Makes credit approval decisions, appropriately challenge requests, and provides guidance on structuring proposals that prudently balance risk and return
* Talent Management: Support, develop and mentor a team of highly experienced credit professionals
* Collaborates with business partners as a subject matter expert and strategic partner
* Interacts with clients to understand their goals, performance and financing needs
* Provides counseling, coaching and training to account and portfolio management teams
* Focuses on process efficiency and improvement
* Contributes to and leads projects including regulatory requests.
* Strong technical skills in credit analysis, loan structuring and risk identification
* Ability to lead individuals/teams and take initiative
* Ability to influence others on individual credit actions and overall portfolio management
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred
* Completion of formal credit training program
* 10 + years of credit risk management experience
* Working industry knowledge of traditional Asset Based Lending financing structures, Debtor-In-Possession (DIP) Financing, including Restaurant Finance (loans to franchisees/operators of national and regional brands/chains, Retail Petroleum Finance (loans to operators of convenience stores and gas stations) and lending to professional service firms (legal, accounting, consulting, real estate management and select financial firms);
* Experience managing and leading individuals and teams
* Knowledge of banking products and related risk issues
Associated topics: audit, banking, cfa, chief finance officer, financial planning, invest, kpmg, risk, tax, treasure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...