Base Building Maintenance Technician II
Job Description Summary
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Primarily perform Electrical and Mechanical Controls tasks on automated packaging and distribution equipment. The Building Engineer Utilizes working knowledge to troubleshoot, maintain and repair primary base building systems that are mechanical or electrical in nature. Considerable experience in life-safety systems will also be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. \"Safety First\" expectations include, but are not limited to, Observation process, and compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
* Ability to maintain and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and understands wiring methods and materials.
* Ability to inspect and PM generators, compressors, water heaters, pumps, motors, valves, etc.
* Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
* Ability to maintain and repair air handling units, exhaust fans, fan coil units, reheat coils, and other associated air handling equipment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems, breakroom equipment, roofs, drains, windows, doors, gates, bollards and fencing.
* May be required to move furniture, paint, hang pictures or items, or other light upgrades.
* Must understand how to safely use power/shop tools and test equipment not limited to multimeter, megger, drills, saws, impact drives, etc
* Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
* Repairs to be performed in conformance with established standards. Assist in formulating standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
* Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
* Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
* Communications with all team members to support the development of short and long range planning in support of the company's goals and objectives
* Any personal tool requirements will be communicated as part of employment. If personal tools are required,
employee must maintain and keep tool lists up to date.
* Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to
employment with or without an accommodation.
* Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
* Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order
* Must maintain positive customer and employee relations. and have attendance within acceptable guidelines
To be listed as part of annual performance assessment and forward planning goals.
JOB FUNCTIONS - PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT BY CATEGORY
* PJHAs / Observations / Communications
* Work Order Completion / Feedback
PERFORM ASSIGNED TASKS
* Safely - Professional Execution - Housekeeping
* Safety, Crew, Employee(s), Customer
* Technical and On The Job training
BREAKS / LUNCH
* Possess a high school degree or an approved GED.
* Associates in Electronics or Industrial Electricity or Industrial Maintenance preferred, but not required.
* Preferred Certifications: Universal CFC certification preferred. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems.
* Experience and proficiency in the following areas: HVAC and Refrigeration Plumbing Systems
Fire Alarms and Sprinkler Systems Roof Systems, Electrical Distribution Carpentry, Blueprint and electrical schematic reading Industrial Tools, Preventive and Predictive maintenance procedures Compressed Air Systems
* Knowledge of N.E.C. Knowledge of local and state codes
* Must have working knowledge of the following: proper use of hand/power tools and electrical troubleshooting/diagnostic equipment, shop math, fasteners, measurements, and parts nomenclature.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, and work from elevated areas. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud in certain areas, requiring hearing protection. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required). Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment as needed.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, diagnose, field service, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, mechanical, millwright, repair, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...