Compensation: $157,450.00 - $157,450.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Help HelpHelp Help
2 vacancies in the following location:
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
About the Surrounding Area:
New England is a full-service District that handles all Corps business lines. The District's area of responsibility includes Hanscom Air Force Base, Westover Air Force Base, and the Natick Soldier Systems Center. Civil works responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of forty-one flood control projects, the Cape Cod Canal, three storm-damage reduction barriers, and numerous federal navigation and coastal projects throughout New England.
- The Incumbent serves as Assistant Counsel in the New England District, providing legal advice to management and project teams on all matters arising in the District.
- The individual works under the general supervision of the District Counsel and independently plans and executes assignments in specialty areas and confers with the supervisor, as needed or requested.
- Work products are reviewed for soundness of decisions and recommendations, along with conformity with legal precedents and Corps of Engineers policy.
- Provides advice, guidance, and direction to District staff elements, headquarters, contracting officers, and others regarding complex contract formation and administration problems on construction, service, supply, and architect-engineer contracts.
- Provides legal guidance and assists in formulating the District's position on contract claims, disputes, and appeals, which routinely involve factual and legal issues, such as differing site conditions, delay, acceleration, and suspension claims.
- Provides legal guidance and support to the District Commander and staff on the District?s regulatory program and activities related to Civil Works projects with respect to environmental laws and requirements.
- Reviews all controversial permit matters, environmental impact statements, feasibility studies, and decision documents for all Civil Works projects.
- Provides advice, guidance and direction to District staff in the review of personnel administration, EEO, and labor relations policies and procedures.
- Support duties to the Department of Justice and local offices of the United States Attorney including but not limited to: the preparation of litigation reports and extending assistance in all pre-trial, trial, and appellate matters.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required 10% of the time.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, compliance, compliance department, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, courtroom, internal, market
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...