Our National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clients' tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Fiduciary Trust & Estate Tax Administration Services (FTEAS) provides fiduciary/court accounting services for banks, law firms, family offices and individuals. The role of the Experienced Staff is to assist the Senior in supporting the FTEAS business conducted out of his or her respective office and assisting, when requested, the FTEAS leadership team in developing and implementing the overall strategy of the FTEAS business.
Your key responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated individual who can provide trust tax compliance outsourcing and support services for organizations who utilize a trust accounting system including banks, wealth management firms, family offices, trust companies and law firms. The ideal candidate will review, prepare and oversee accounts, manage client relationships and maximize operating efficiency.
Skills and attributes for success
* Interpretation of trust documents, reviewing and interpreting accounting concepts and state/local filing requirements * Review and prepare fiduciary/court accounting matters * Build and maintain strong relationships with Fiduciary Trust Tax Services and other EY groups to assist with cross-selling FTEAS and other EY lines of business * Commit to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and compliance requirements, thereby enhancing long-term working relationships * Develop operational efficiencies to deliver timely, high-quality services and work products * Thorough understanding of fiduciary tax law and concepts required to prepare fiduciary/court accounting matters, excellent technical fiduciary accounting skills
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelors or Master's degree with a concentration in Economics, Finance, Operations Research, Financial Engineering or Statistics * Approximately 1-2 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization * A thorough understanding of estate and wealth planning * Experience with federal and state personal and trust income tax * Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds * A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems and laws within your area of technical professionalism
Ideally, you'll also have
* Strong technical, verbal and written communication skills with ability to lead internal meetings and participate in client meetings * Outstanding client service, producing excellent work products and managing client relationships engagements assigned * The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members * Proficient with trust tax software * Strong client interaction skills
What we look for
We're interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world's most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you'll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry * Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career * The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.