Our National Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you'll be at the heart of EY's critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute ' building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
You will serve as the executive responsible for managing client relationships and problem-solving, coordinating efforts within the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice and across other tax service lines to timely, accurately and efficiently deliver services that meet client needs and expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Services Senior Manager is responsible for regional office leadership supporting the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice with the preparation and delivery of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting for agency, custody and fiduciary accounts for tax compliance engagements with banks, wealth management firms, trust companies and law firms.
* Retaining and expanding relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide tailored services * Leading contract renewals and new business pursuits * Signing tax returns as preparer * Leading teams through subordinate managers; direct management of Associate Analysts, Analysts, Senior Analysts, Assistant Managers and Services Managers * Directing workflow to comply with clients' needs and expectations and to complete special projects * Overseeing communications with client liaisons and client trust administration teams * Managing people and resources to support efficiency and drive profitable growth * Managing executive-level relationships with clients for the purpose of reviewing engagement deliverables, assessing service quality, identifying the potential need for additional trust tax compliance services or other EY service offerings * Overseeing the onboarding of new clients, assignment of the engagement team, client introductions and communication, development of a tax services operating plan, ONESOURCE' Trust Tax set-up, coordinating timing of bridged data, assessment of the client's trust accounting system for accuracy of bridged data, and analysis of prior tax data for incorporation into current year tax information for successful production of tax deliverables
Skills and Attributes for Success
* Leading a team of fiduciary tax professionals to provide for timely, efficient and accurate production of high volumes of tax information statements and tax returns * Managing and growing a book of business consisting of multiple clients located across the United States, who require trust tax outsourcing services of varying levels of scope and complexity * Serving as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams * Performing tax research and preparing written tax advice * Preparing complex 1099 tax information statements and tax returns, including Forms 1041 and state income tax returns for trusts and estates, and identifying generation-skipping transfer tax events that may require further consultation to determine and fulfill additional reporting requirements; and preparation of foundation returns for trusts * Handling post-mortem planning, including selection of income tax year, IRC Section 645 election, generation-skipping transfer tax elections, income/estate tax deduction planning, choice of valuation date and IRC Section 303 redemptions * Reviewing complex 1099 tax information statements and tax returns prepared by lesser experienced team members; and serving as a subject-matter resource who provides guidance and advice informed by professional experience and tax technical acumen
To qualify for the role, you must have
* Undergraduate or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics * CPA or EA certification or membership in The Bar * Minimum of 7 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization * Minimum of 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience working on a range of basic to complex tax information statements, tax returns and/or reports; or, alternatively, a Master degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Tax, Law, or Economics and a minimum of 4 years of experience working on a range of basic to complex tax information statements, tax returns and/or reports * 5'7 years of experience with fiduciary tax law concepts and with preparing US federal and state fiduciary tax returns * 5'7 years of experience communicating with client liaisons and/or trust administration teams on tax matters * Proficiency in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint * Proficiency with company-specific systems and tax software applications, including ONESOURCE' Trust Tax * Thorough knowledge of fiduciary and/or income tax law and concepts required to prepare US federal and state tax information statements and tax returns * Strong knowledge of and interest in taxation, trusts and estates, wealth planning and fiduciary income taxation * Excellent client interaction skills * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Strong technical experience in fiduciary accounting matters * Commit to periodic travel (15%'20%)
What we look for
We're interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world's most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you'll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry * Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career * The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.