System Administrator (SA)- Windows
Compensation: $93,310.00 - $145,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Recipe for Success-
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for the monitoring, management, tuning, patching and issue resolution for multiple, internal enterprise systems that ensure the successful execution of business operations. The SA team manages proactive, preventive administration tasks to provide high levels of availability, performance, security, redundancy and scalability of the supported solutions. The SA team members support the IT Service Management (ITSM) committee by providing strategic and operational recommendations for planning, implementation and training aligned with best practices. The team leads and supports internal projects and provides effective management of designated third-party relationships. Tier 3 escalated support for escalated desktop and laptop issues and configuration requests is provided by the SA team. The team members work closely with the senior level Tier 4 teams: IT System Engineering and IT Network Engineering.
* Provide level 1 support for designated servers, operating systems and enterprise solutions including Windows Server (2008, 2012 and higher), Active Directory (AD) services, Domain Name Services (DNS), DHCP services, NTP services and GPOs.
* Provide primary administration for Sophos end point protection system for end user devices.
* Provide monitoring and level 1 support for Symantec end point protection system for server systems.
* Provide monitoring and primary administration for Websense content filtering and Cisco Firepower solution.
* Provide primary monitoring and administration for Microsoft Office 365 services including support for Office 365 Admin services, ADFS, DirSync, Azure password sync, Hybrid Exchange 2016, SMTP services, Office 365 Exchange services, Teams, Skype for Business services, OneDrive for Business services, SharePoint services, Yammer enterprise services and other Office 365 services
* Provide basic monitoring and level 1 support for Cisco UCS Telephone system.
* Provide basic monitoring and level 1 support for Genesys IVR and ACD cloud services. Coordinate escalated support with vendor.
* Provide monitoring and level 1 support for Kronos time clock system. Coordinate escalated support with vendor.
* Provide monitoring and level 1 support for the Security Infrastructure systems for IP security cameras and access controls- AMAG Security System preferred. Coordinate escalated support with integration/support vendor.
* Provide monitoring and primary administration for the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus ITIL-based service management application system.
* Provide oversight for ServiceDesk Plus asset management information for all IT Technology Services managed infrastructure hardware, software and services.
* Provide primary administration and escalated support for patching of end user operating systems and applications.
* Provide monitoring and level 1 support for Unitrends Recovery Appliances for enterprise backup services.
* Support level 1 monitoring of designated network, system and application components of the enterprise environment thru SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM), SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (VM), SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM), SolarWinds VoIP & Network Quality Manager, SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor, AppDynamics, Keynote, Microsoft System Center, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, APC InfraStruXure Manager, Eaton Intelligent Power Manager and other tools.
* Coordinate with the IT Network Engineering and IT System Engineering teams, to deploy systems and solutions for the IT enterprise environment and to resolve integrated and escalated issues.
* Work closely with other functional support groups and external vendors to implement integrated third-party applications and solutions and to resolve escalated issues.
* Serve as mentor and Tier 3 escalation point for the IT Technology Services Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams to resolve issues that require guidance, with the objective to improve the mean time of resolution at first contact.
* Provide level 1 oversight for designated managed application service providers (ASP) and cloud service providers.
* Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, storage allocations and Exchange accounts aligned with best practices.
* Perform and test routine system functions checks to assure continuity of critical services that depend on integration and interconnectivity between multiple systems.
* Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, workstations and solutions managed by IT Technology Services
* Escalate incidents to System Engineering, Network Engineering, Application Development, Enterprise Applications, other support groups and business partners as required.
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents to maintain policies, procedures and application support.
* Create accurate solutions and documentation for internal support processes and procedures.
* Perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
* Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
* Create reports in response to internal IT and business user requirements.
* Participate in negotiations and scope of new technology, with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
Key ingredients -
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or Information Technology with three (3) years system administration experience or equivalent work experience
* Advanced knowledge and administrative experience with Microsoft Windows operating system 7-10, Microsoft certification is a plus.
* Advanced knowledge and administrative experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2016 preferred.
* Strong knowledge with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems 2008 and 2012+, Microsoft certification is a plus.
* Knowledge of network technology, especially IP routing, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, remote administration and performance monitoring.
* Strong knowledge of laptop, desktop and server hardware information including CPU, memory, storage, network and BIOS.
* Ability to work with no direct supervision. Detail oriented - punctual.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Hardware and system deployment experience.
* Strong documentation experience.
* Experienced in project implementation fundamentals.
* Must have working knowledge of PowerShell and VBScript.
* Ability to architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance.
* Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Preferred experience with designing, deploying, and maintaining backup solutions.
* Preferred exposure to data storage (SAN and NAS) products such as HP or IBM.
* Knowledgeable of systems auditing implementation and controls. SOX and PCI compliance experiences a plus.
* Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, but also within a team.
* Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
* Must have strong written and verbal skills
* Must be willing to regularly work off-hours / weekends to support operational tasks as needed.
* CompTIA certifications are a plus.
* Microsoft certifications are a plus.
* CCNA certification is a plus.
* Basic Linux admin skills is a plus - not required.
* Basic VMware admin skills is a plus - not required.
* Basic Cisco network skills is a plus - not required,
* Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus - not required.
FreshDirect is a food tech company and the Northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and the District of Columbia. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. In 2016, FreshDirect expanded its portfolio with the launch of FoodKick, an on-demand business that caters to the needs of urban dwellers with a curated selection of food, alcohol, and essentials-all delivered in as little as an hour. Launched in 2002, FreshDirect is a privately held company headquartered in Bronx, NY. For more information, visit www.freshdirect.com or www.foodkick.com.
Our company aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves and works extensively with dozens of charitable and community partners.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We are an innovative Food Technology company offering an environment where you can grow a career and feed your future and have fun while doing it! Great people deserve great benefits and we go above and beyond!
Wait, there's more! Check out our #workperks:
Working here is pretty much as cool as you'd imagine - lots of food, lots of energy, and a whole lot of happy hours.
* Flexible and generous PTO plan
* 20% discount on FreshDirect and FoodKick plus an employee at-cost food program (FD Market)
* Thirsty Thursdays, book club, monthly birthday breakfasts, and other happy hours
* Wellness programs like weekly meditation, yoga, and Zumba, and monthly manicures and massages
* Monthly Lunch & Learns covering things like \"The Very Best Cheese and Wine\"
* We have a 24-hour shuttle service that runs back and forth to the subway
* We offer up to $5000 per hire as a referral bonus
* Summer barbecues and annual company picnic for friends and family
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job
Associated topics: equipment, http, network, sccm, scom sccm, server, system administrator, system center configuration manager, tcp, tcp ip
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...