- $83,690.00 -125,470.00/year*
850 Bridle Path Dr
As a member of the Digital Solutions and Data and Analytics IT team, this person will be working with various teams to design solutions related to the data pipeline, with special emphasis on data modeling and design.
This role demands a strong knowledge and understanding of the data and the business requirements to build robust, scalable data models, which may be relational as well as dimensional. The role entails having the capability of relating and understanding existing and in-development data models/schemas and the business context they represent.
- Establish design principles for data models and create modeling standards
- Document, create and maintain logical and physical database models as per the standards
- Work with the business as well as the technical teams to understand the requirements, to create models that cater to the requirements
- Work on understanding various data domains, to map and integrate disparate data from a variety of source systems
- Support Analytics development from and to a variety of database systems
- Facilitate data requirements conversation with business and technical stakeholders resolving conflicts to drive decisions and consensus
- Establish and maintain comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships as well as the definition of business rules governing the integrity, archiving, and audit requirements of the data
- Analyze existing systems using manual or automated data analysis/profiling to reverse engineer data requirements
- Determine suitable data modeling approach for each project based on business requirements for data capture and access
- Assist developers with complex query development and performance optimization
- Performs additional duties as required
- Provide subject matter expertise (technical and business context) input and feedback to data/BI teams and development scrum teams as needed.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risks related to including invalid data, invalid data calculations, formulas or derived insights, and misrepresentation of or otherwise confusing visual representations of data
- 5 + years of experience designing data models
- 10 + years of experience implementing data models and data architecture
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization of data at each phase of the data pipeline
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities paired with a strong initiative to find ways to improve the analysis and communication of complex data
- Specific experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server toolset. Candidates with extensive experience in other BI/reporting/analytics toolsets may be considered if they have a commitment to learning SSRS and a demonstrated ability to ramp up to proficiency rather quickly (within 2 months) in a primarily self-directed way
- Proficiency in either Tableau, SSRS or Power BI is required
- Capable of designing complex and performant SQL queries
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational acumen by collaborating with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with staff and leadership at all levels of seniority and technical experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher (Computer Science, Engineering, Human Computer Interaction/Design, or similar/relevant field)
- Motivated to stay current with technical change/commit to professional development to learn relevant new skills/tools/methodologies
Desired Additional Competencies
- Experience with relational database design, SQL DDL, performance tuning relating to indexes, etc.
- Experience with non-relational noSQL data sources
- Experience with ETL processes and tools
- Healthcare industry experience not required but a significant plus (supply chain, provider, payer, medical device, life-science, pharmacy, etc.)
- Experience with other data/BI tools, especially within the Microsoft ecosystem
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data engineer, data integrity, data manager, data quality, data warehousing, etl, mongo database administrator, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...