MA - Rockland KAPS Software (or MT/UI) Department Head
Kelmar Associates, LLC is seeking a driven, experienced software engineer with supervisory experience to lead a team of engineers utilizing various Java and User-Interface components. Job Duties:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintains complex, multi-client application by establishing and enforcing standards and controls
- Mentors software engineering team through individual and team discussions, maintaining regular code reviews, and providing training and instruction of the KAPS application
- Responsible for the engagement, hiring and retention of software engineering staff
- Keeps senior management informed by preparing reports on system performance, expansion and problems
- Maintains application performance by troubleshooting problems and assessing project risks
- Accomplishes application upgrades and improvements by coordinating with DevOps team
- Secures application by developing policies, procedures, and controls in partnership with other department heads
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and Kelmar mission by completing KAPS results as needed
- Accomplishes agile development processes through strong working relationships with the product owners, development team and support management team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related degree
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in line with the Kelmar and KAPS mission
- Extremely organized and thorough
- Experience using third-party grid controls
- Promoting process improvement
- Demonstrate effective communication and reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Requirements Analysis
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
The rewards for this position are many. We offer a great working environment that provides for work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package, including tuition reimbursement. Kelmar provides training and the opportunity for career advancement. Apply now to join our growing team.
Kelmar is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c++, develop, devops, perl, php, python, software developer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...