- KVH Industries
- $92,620.00 -127,300.00/year*
At KVH, we are building the future of maritime IoT one innovative idea at a time. Come join our team and help build this new and exciting technology that includes edge processing, business intelligence workflows, remote control, and remote telepresence technology. We love what we do, enjoy working hard, having fun, making history. Join the team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an experienced Web Back End Software Engineer who will be developing the web services of our Watch IoT platform. You will be developing the web services to drive business objects between front-end and data stores servicing the maritime industry. Your expertise will be manifested in servicing highly complex business objects delivery to the Front-End team using heavily unit-tested and rigorous database schemas and types. You will define, develop, test, and deliver services in a scalable way. You will be working on a dynamic team practicing scrum and open source development methodologies. Position Reports to Director, Software Engineering.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience required
* 2+ years of Software Development experience required
* Software development background with fundamentals in algorithms and data structures required
* Experience in leading the design and execution of complex applications to solve ambiguous problems impacting business required
* Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases required
* Domain of RESTful APIs and SQL preferred
* Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
* 5+ years of software development experience preferred
* Programming in Python preferably on Linux platform preferred
* Good verbal and written communication skills preferred
* Must have US citizenship and or Permanent resident status.
Only US citizens or Permanent Residents of the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. KVH Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability. We offer a full suite of benefits to include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, employee stock purchase program, and 401k/Roth.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer.
KVH Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: KVHI), is a global leader in mobile connectivity and inertial navigation systems, innovating to enable a mobile world. A market leader in maritime VSAT, KVH designs, manufactures, and provides connectivity and content services globally. KVH is also a premier manufacturer of high-performance sensors and integrated inertial systems for defense and commercial applications. Founded in 1982, the company is based in Middletown, RI, with research, development, and manufacturing operations in Middletown, RI, and Tinley Park, IL, and more than a dozen offices around the globe.
Associated topics: back end, c++, c#, develop, java, php, python, sdet, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...