19-20 K-8 Special Education Coordinator - Immediate Need
Compensation: $82,156.67 - $203,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Are you an educator seeking a position that provides cutting-edge educational experiences to change kids' lives? If so, Metropolitan Lighthouse Charter School is the right place for you! We are currently seeking an innovative, energetic and committed K-8th Grade Special Education Coordinator/Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Please submit your application or send your resume directly to Vanessa Herrera in Human Resources at ...@lha.net for consideration. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Special Education Teacher or New Special Education Coordinator looking for the next step in their career.
* Metropolitan LCS is an established K-8th grade school striving to make positive changes in public education in the Bronx region.
* Competitive salaries.
* We are currently collecting resumes for candidates interested in having a transformational impact on students.
* All teaching candidates interested in a school focused on rigorous academics, restorative practice and arts infusion will be highly considered .
Will you be the next strong addition to our team of change-agents in the classroom? Find out by applying now
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Special Education, or a related field, preferred
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
* Three (3) years teaching experience in special education, including instructional and supervisory experience
* Required state teaching certification in special education; Highly Qualified status under No Child Left Behind
* Knowledge of IDEA, the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as state and local special education programs and systems.
* Proven track record of closing the achievement gap with students with special needs
* Training in and implementation of LHA curriculum programs, as well as intervention programs
* Turning best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
* Special Education management systems, data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and professionally with varied audiences
Associated topics: behavioral analysis, dhh, difficult, disable, disorder, hard, mental health, psychiatric, special education, substance abuse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...