Accountemps is currently looking for an efficient Senior Accountant with an eye for accuracy to be a part of a terrific long-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity. Operating as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This Senior Accountant opportunity is located in the Providence, Rhode Island area and will offer a great you a great professional experience along with attractive compensation. The ideal Senior Accountant will be someone seeking to succeed in a challenging environment and who has demonstrated success doing so before. Apply today!
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Realize compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and controls by working with business partners
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Put together Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Create analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Constantly improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Familiarity with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
- If you are proficient in financial reporting, you should apply for this position
- Expertise in bank reconciliations
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Candidate must possess first-rate analytical, quantitative and social skills
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience
- Competence with financial data analysis and report generation that is prompt and accurate
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Possess strong organizational and follow-up skills
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills - helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune? magazine's list of \"World's Most Admired Companies\" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.###.#### or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
? 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
**Salary:** $19.79 - $22.91 / Hourly
**Location:** Providence, RI
**Date Posted:** August 9, 2019
**Employment Type:** Temporary
**Job Reference:** 03800-#######957
**Staffing Area:** Accountemps
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.