- $117,000.00 -161,890.00/year*
Power Monitoring Solutions Engineer (0-2 years experience)
+ Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Cromwell, Connecticut
**Organization:** Smart Infrastructure
**Business Unit:** Low Voltage Products
**Requisition Number:** 246571
**Primary Location:** United States-Massachusetts-Boston
**Other Locations:** United States-Connecticut-Cromwell, United States-Rhode Island-Providence
**Assignment Category:** Full-time regular
**Experience Level:** Mid level
**Education Required Level:** Bachelor's Degree
**Travel Required:** 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: management.html
**This position is remote but candidate must be located in the Boston, MA , Cromwell, Connecticut or Providence, RI area of the northeast.**
\"Are you ready to design and implement the solutions that companies, universities, data centers, and industries use to monitor their energy consumption?\"
Siemens is looking for an Solution Engineer to join their growing team. The candidate will be responsible for the integration of hardware and software to create an overall energy monitoring system for customers. Digital Solutions & Services provides facilities with the tools which help in managing the energy costs and availability of their business.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers' experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Implements hardware and software for energy management/monitoring solutions.
- Understands and applies safety procedures.
- Follows basic standard project documentation for project completion
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes proactive steps to solve them.
- Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field work.
- Prepare explanations to enable proper interpretation/evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Minimum 2 years prior professional experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Information Systems.
*Experience with serial communications (i.e. RS 485) and conversions to TCP/IP
* Preferably experienced with Modbus protocol
* BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Information Systems
* Network, Communication Protocols, Ethernet Troubleshooting
* Software and network configuration experience.
* Knowledge and experience with multiple operating systems including servers.
* Trouble shooting skills (Network or Wiring)
* Strong communication skill both written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently as well as work with other group or teams.
* Must possess the ability to travel 80%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* PLC Programming
* Power monitoring experience using software based applications.
* Experience with Utilities, Metering, and/or Networking (TCP/IP, Modbus, Profibus)
* Time and task management skills (e.g., Project Manager, Project Engineer).
* SQL Database experience (Creating Queries, Data Manipulation)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
**Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI)** is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
**Equal Employment Opportunity Statement**
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
**EEO is the Law**
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at .
**Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision**
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at .
Associated topics: adapter, design, electric, energy, lighting, plc, power, solar, transmission, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...