The scope of the Accounting Governance Senior Analyst position will be to assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the company's internal controls to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. In addition to the Accounting Governance and Control, Senior Manager this position will work closely with both the Internal Audit, Accounting, and Operational teams on a variety of accounting governance initiatives. This position may also provide finance support, where appropriate, for varied operational initiatives and special projects.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Perform process walkthrough to obtain working knowledge of processes in place and be able to identify key controls to address risks in internal control over financial reporting. * Perform evaluation of the design and effectiveness of internal controls to ensure the Company's compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. * Documentation and coordination of process narratives and control testing. * Coordinate with external auditors to provide applicable information for annual audits and quarterly reviews. * Prepare schedules in support of the audits of financial statements and benefit plans. * Coordinate and perform special projects, as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or equivalent related field * CPA certification preferred
* 3 year of accounting or auditing experience * Workiva software experience a plus
* 3-5 years of public accounting (big four experience preferred) and/or private experience in accounting or internal control roles * Working GAAP knowledge, including the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
* Strong documentation and communication skills * Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail * Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve the common goal * Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities * Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments and consistently meet deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.