This position can be located in either Eden Prairie, MN or Providence, RI
The National Inbound Logistics Director (Operations) is responsible for developing and implementing the overall execution strategy of the Inbound Logistics operations team(s). The Director will work collectively across all UNFI departments to execute inbound logistics product flow channels and schedules to maximize the cost to serve ratio that support all UNFI Business Units, while maintaining service level.
This position is broken down into these main responsibilities, managed directly or indirectly:
Network Optimization & Utilization - Utilize product channels (LTL, FTL, Fleet, Rail, etc.) and distribution network to maximize network performance at optimal utilization and cost levels. Suggest add/remove scenarios to support network utilization.
Cross Dock Program Management - Manage cross dock to PO ETA date; support DC Fleet operations with recovery services as needed. Using available reporting and metrics, measure DC compliance to fleet activity (backhaul) processes and crossdock activity (scanning/loading). Update and publish supporting SOP's as needed.
Capacity Planning - Monitor and coordinate between DC Ops and IPAR to match capacity with forecasts and develop operational plans to optimize inbound throughput.
Service Level / Scheduling - Determine priority of inbound volume to optimize customer service level and inventory plan. Monitor service level through daily reporting, apply critical solutions as needed to support DC Service Level.
Financial Responsibilities - Full responsibility to manage 'Freight Spend' (Carrier Expenses, assessorials, other freight related charges) to achieve budgeted values. Cost compression activities and driving utilization of assets will directly impact Freight Spend.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Is a company expert on industry supply chain activities, changes, and trends.
* Supports the development and maintenance of UNFI's National Supply Chain strategy.
* Maintains total supply chain visibility including goals, KPI's, costs, business drivers, and industry opportunities, and financial reporting.
* Leads the implementation and maintenance of alternate transportation and logistics channels utilizing communication, training, metrics and process improvements.
* Contributes to departmental financial planning including budgets, forecasts, and quarterly updates
* Maintains the integrity and capability of analytical process and systems to support corporate initiatives and the
* Logistics P&L.
* Ensures effective communication with Supplier Relationship, Operations, Carriers, Vendors, and Sales Teams.
* Ensures effective communication with business partners; assists in resolving problems/issues.
* Effectively builds & leads cross- functional teams and business partners across departments operating to achieve common Supply Chain goals
* Understands corporate strategies and develops most cost-effective supply chain solutions.
* Facilitates continuous improvement conversations at all levels throughout the organization.
* Collaborates with Distribution, Transportation Category, and Logistics Departments to design and implement strategies and tactics to reduce total landed cost, while improving network service level.
* Performs analytics related to third party, LTL and fleet costing.
* Facilitates discovery of supply chain opportunities throughout a combined UNFI network.
* Leads the development and implementation of programs to improve SOP's in use throughout UNFI.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation, and development of assigned staff positions.
* Serves as back-up for the responsibilities of direct reports as needed.
* Determines technology needs and serves as point person for capital and expense planning
* Coordinates DC staffing requirements with DC management to support needed capacities
* Monitors and manages the overall scheduling process, identifying areas of improvement and offer solutions on working toward those improvements
* Reviews TMS/MRS data to identify potential Lost Sales or Service Level impacts.
* Monitors appointment prioritization to ensure Service Level goals are met.
* Prepares and submits period metric reports to include carrier on-time performance, supplier on-time performance, and supplier fill rates.
* Reviews patterns and trends in relation to carriers and DC's, nationally; provide solutions to optimize service level
* On-boards Carriers/Suppliers into the TMS Carrier/Supplier Portal.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Education and/or Equivalent Experience are critical to this role.
* Bachelor's degree required. MBA/Masters preferred.
* 5 years in food distribution experience
* 3 years managing and leading others
* 3 years P&L/Budgeting experience.
* Understanding of operational model for wholesale, retail, distribution.
* Knowledge of leadership and good management techniques.
* Proven ability to develop and lead logistical analysis and operations
* Transportation Systems, Logistics models, Carrier negotiations, and Distribution Networks
* Transportation / Supply Chain Industry trends
* Expertise in logistics design, process improvements, and costing
* Proven ability to innovate utilizing industry standard research and design methodology.
* Proven P&L experience and value creation
* Must be able to work well with internal and external partners with procurement, distribution, transportation, etc.
* Must have a high degree of credibility with management and able to interact effectively with associates at all levels.
* Demonstrated strength in the area problem solving with strong analytical skills.
* Self- motivated and must be persuasive in presenting ideas and managing their implementation.
* Proven leadership skills, coaching and developing leaders, and associates
* Ability to lead teams to achieve goals and stretch targets
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to lead both operational and analytical direct reports
* Lead organizational change in a dynamic & high growth environment. Must be able to work across multiple business departments to achieve results.
* Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and business management software like TMS, Warehouse management, demand planning.
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
* Ability to balance short-term and long-term demands delivering on departmental targets and strategy.
Associated topics: ayudante de almacen y reparto, intern, loader, logistics agent, logistics support, operator warehouse, palletizer, unloading, warehouse engineer, warehouse intern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...