This position can be located in either Providence, RI or Eden Prairie, MN.
The Security Engineers are responsible for the design, implementation, and support of enterprise security solutions that align with the security architecture roadmap and meet business requirements. Security Engineers will develop and implement solutions that protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of UNFI systems and data. These solutions include, but are not limited to cyber security operations center technologies and processes, security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Engineers, implements and monitors security measures for the protection of enterprise systems, networks and information. Develops technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
* Prepares and documents standard operating procedures and protocols.
* Configures, implements and troubleshoots security infrastructure devices and software.
* Ensures that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
* Performs data analysis across disparate or divergent datasets.
* Ensures information security issues are responded to during initial stage of project life cycle.
* Conducts root cause analysis and communicates outcomes in a clear and consistent manner.
* Performs security incident investigations as assigned.
* Performs network packet captures and analyzes traffic for anomalous and/or suspicious activity.
* Assists in testing of controls and associated remediation for identified deficiencies.
* Develop custom scripts to facilitate the collection of security event information.
* Monitors internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained.
* Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science, or related discipline is preferred.
* 5 years of experience. Advanced knowledge of information systems security concepts and technologies; network architecture; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; intrusion tools and open source alternatives.
* SANS GCIH or GCFA, CISA, CISM, Security certification(s) are preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with Windows, Apple and Linux operating systems.
* Network Security: Firewall, IPS, Anti-Bot, Sniffers, Web Application Firewalls, SIEM Solutions, Email gateways, Anti-SPAM solutions, Web Filtering, Proxy servers, Data Loss Prevention Systems, SSL offloading, balance loaders.
* Knowledge and experience with Common Internet Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, SMTP, SSH, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, NTP.
* Knowledge and experience with PowerShell and Python.
* Experience with Incident Response, security appliances and other security and network technologies.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer ? M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Associated topics: alarm, countermeasure, loss prevention, metal detection, monitor, patrol officer, protect, protection, school, surveillance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.