This position can be located in Eden Prairie, MN; Boise, ID; or Providence, RI.
As an expert in systems software engineering, this candidate undertakes complex projects and makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous systems software engineering issues. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Makes complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Recommends changes in procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of sales solutions to include Salesforce, to the completion of complex assignments.
* Maintains excellent business communication with Analysts, Business Owners and Technical Staff. Provides analysts, management and business owners/users with status reports, problem logs (issue logs) and service request status on all tasks in the work group.
* Evaluates alternative approaches in design of application systems, including assessment of risks and benefits associated with each alternative.
* Participates in the implementation of new systems including the integration of the new system.
* Verifies installed systems to ensure that they adequately meet user requirements.
* Plans, conducts and supervises others in the development of specifications, coding of new programs, physical design of data records, data files, and databases, creating new data structures, creating new job streams, and modifies existing programs, data structures and job streams.
* Plans, conducts and supervises others in the development of test cases and test plans, creates the unit and system test environments and conducts unit and system tests for new or modified programs and job streams.
* Reviews validate the application of sound analysis, programming and design techniques with high level of proficiency.
* Oversees preparation and maintenance of program and system documentation using established department artifact standards and methodologies. Mentors junior associates in proper documentation techniques.
* Leads analysis and development of technical solutions to resolve problems.
* Coordinates and guides resolution of day-to-day problems within the business segment; involves and guides other team members in their problem solving efforts.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
* Preferred 6-8 years relevant work experience. 2 ? 4 years of relevant Salesforce and other sales solutions work experience preferred.
* Salesforce Administrator or Developer certifications preferred.
* Has expertise in a variety of languages, tools and utilities, must be a true expert in at least one language (Knowledge Base) and can teach classes in the subject.
* Has solid knowledge of at least one DBMS, having used it extensively and can mentor others.
* Good overall understanding of a company business segment and comprehensive understanding of three or more business functions within the business segment.
* Demonstrates strong understanding of multiple application areas.
* Experience leading a team of technical professionals on multiple assignments of significant complexity, including task definitions and estimates, coordinating tasks to meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Possesses expert knowledge of program and system design, analysis, coding, testing and documentation.
* Solid knowledge of requirements definition.
* Fully proficient in all phases of the Company's Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer ? M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.