SMP has been named a top or best workplace nine times in the past six years, including Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces, 2x Best Company to Work for in New York State, and 6x Rochester Top Workplace Award winner.
Our Audio Visual Team is seeking to hire an AV Installer with at least three years of experience to join our team in the Providence, RI area. This role will provide deployment and implementation services of various video, audio, control and web collaboration systems working with other vendors to ensure excellent service and timely implementation in corporate environments.
As leaders in visual communications and collaboration, SMP helps set the standard for video conferencing, telepresence, audio visual integration and collaboration solutions. We help our clients to be more collaborative, efficient and effective. From project kickoff through training, SMP gives our clients a sense of reassurance with our efficiency, professionalism and AV installs.
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with stellar academic credentials, superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and be willing to travel.
* Install and configure collaboration system solutions per statement of work (monitor, projection, control and audio solutions, video wall, and video conferencing solutions).
* Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
* Provide customer-facing end-user documentation.
* Participate in frequent internal meetings with colleagues, managers and account managers regarding account status and ongoing issues.
* Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Attend all appointments on-time with focus on providing quality client service.
* Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc.).
* Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of the Company.
* Hands on knowledge and experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of the following technologies:
* Understanding of signal flow, wiring and building structure standards.
* AV signaling standards:
* Video Signal types: HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component (RGB) Composite
* Aspect Ratios, Display types & uses
* Audio Signal Types: line level balanced/unbalanced audio, microphone level, 70 volt and 8 ohm speaker level
* Knowledge of basic construction, power and electrical concepts
* Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Crestron programming experience a plus.
* Audio DSP programming/Dante a plus
* AV industry certifications a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
* This position is required to work on-site at customer locations the majority of the time. There will be required travel throughout geographical footprint on a regular basis and off hour work/overnight travel may be required.
* While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb ladders, scaffolding, work at heights and be able to carry items of 50 pounds or more.
Associated topics: audiovisual technician, av vtc, camera, camera operator, cinematographer, control operator, radio, systems engineer, tech, tv
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.