TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS?) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to nearly 900 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With more than 1.2 million connections, TDS is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 1 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000? company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
A Network Specialist- Route Acquisition is an entry level position, responsible for completing tasks related to securing and maintaining the legal rights of occupancy and use of real property/ land for the placement of TDS facilities and equipment in advance of construction. Tasks include preparing and securing permits (ex. Utility Pole Attachments, Railroad Crossings, Federal, State, County, and Local), easements, rights of entry, and leases pursuant to requirements of law and TDS policy. This position regularly interfaces (via email, phone and in person) with internal teams/departments (NS, NO, AP, GRA, Legal, etc.) and externally with contractors, customers, property owners, government permit authorities, utilities and railroads.
This position is an exciting, fast paced opportunity for highly skilled and motivated individuals seeking to help #TDS, one of the nation's leading broadband providers, make peoples lives better by helping provide people access to the essential broadband services of the future. This position will mainly work to support the growing organizational needs surrounding facility colocation, such as joint use pole attachments, as TDS urgently strives to rapidly upgrade and expand its fiber optic broadband networks to meet the demands of today and realities of tomorrow.
* TDS can hire as a Network Specialist, Network Specialist I, Network Specialist II, or Senior Network Specialist based on relevant experience, skill set, and business needs.
* Permits (research requirements, communicate with permit authorities, scope/ estimate work, create tasks, prepare applications and fees, expedite and secure ahead of construction, update GIS databases and maps, care for annul requirements, payments, bonds, insurance, etc.) * Easements (research local requirements, scope/estimate work, ensure compliance with law and policy, negotiate with property owner, obtain survey and legal description, , prepare document, secure signatures, ensure payment, record as public record, update GIS databases and maps.) * Lease work (assist with alerts, payments, W9 issues, location issues, ownership issues, records research, phone calls, document preparation, etc. ) * Any other responsibilities, duties or tasks as assigned in support of achieving goals and objectives.
* Associate Degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years professional work experience * 2+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Network Specialist I
* Associate Degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years professional work experience * 3+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Network Specialist II
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience * 4+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Senior Network Specialist
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience * 6+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
* Technical knowledge of Real Estate Law, Land Surveying, Project Management, GIS, Telecommunications, Engineering, Construction, and other fields is desirable. * The independent ability to quickly learn and comprehend a wide variety of complex work, responsibilities, assignments, customer requests, inquiries, notices, alerts, issues, project documents, details, standards, plans and maps and review them for completeness, risks, policy compliance and to help determine/ estimate the scope of work, timelines and costs for tasks and the best practices required for their successful completion. * The ability to own/ care for/ be accountable to successfully create, organize, schedule, resource, track, update, report, communicate status, expedite, overcome obstacles/ issues, complete, closeout records and report metrics for multiple tasks simultaneously within expectations of cost, time, quality, etc. while working independently and/or with others on a daily and ongoing basis to meet performance and productivity expectations. * The ability to comprehend and help ensure that larger team and organizational goals and initiatives are successful through a sense of importance and urgency surrounding task throughput, efficient utilization of time, effective communication and prioritization of tasks, assignments and responsibilities. * The ability to quickly and confidently build trusting, positive and productive internal and external professional relationships with a wide variety of diverse individuals/ personalities, whom often have different priorities, temperaments and concerns, through effectively addressing obstacles to success (such as incomplete/ missing permit submittal information or unreasonable permit authority requirements) and by trying to help find and negotiate fair and reasonable solutions is essential to securing rights to place facilities quickly and overall success. * The ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software, such as Outlook (email), Excel, Word, is required, while One Note, SharePoint. Power Point, Access, Project and Clarity, Ariba, SAP and AutoCAD skills are a plus. The ability to utilize ESRI GIS Software to map records and maintain geodatabase, write python scripts, build complex queries, tools and maps is desirable.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.