- Tech Air
- $44,120.00 -64,110.00/year*
Job Title: Loader/Pumper
Reports To: Production Manager
Position type: Full time
Location: Providence, RI
About the Company:
The Tech Air Companies are distributors of medical, specialty, industrial and welding gases and related welding supplies and equipment. Tech Air believes that business can grow based on family service and values. We have been providing the highest quality products, outstanding customer service and expert technical support to our customers throughout the United States for decades.
About the Position:
Job Summary: Responsible for the timely and accurate distribution of merchandise in and out of the warehouse in a manner that will maximize productivity.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned).
Production and order preparation:
* Ensures proper capping and uncapping of cylinders.
* Fills propane cylinders accurately and timely.
* Loads, unloads, rolls and manipulates cylinders including repeatedly lifting 50 to 75 pounds.
* Operates forklift to move full and empty pallets to designated areas (aka swapping island).
* Maintains safety regulations (ex conducts daily forklift checks)
* Updates and maintains proper labeling systems for warehouse and showroom.
* Assists with inventory, physical and cycle counts.
* Maintains a clean, neat and organized work area.
* Takes care of snow and water removal around work areas as needed.
Loads and unload vehicles safely, accurately, and timely:
* Loads and unloads trucks in a safe manner.
* Accurately loads route trucks based on picking tickets.
* Verifies pre-loaded vehicle inventory is correct and creates manifest prior to departure.
* Unload and return cylinders to designated areas based on product type and federal guidelines.
Timely & accurately fills high pressure cylinders:
* Fills cylinders accurately utilizing pressure/temperature/weight charts.
* Ensures cylinders are accurately pre-filled in accordance with pre-fill inspection policies and procedures.
* Maintains a safe work environment by utilizing forklift and other equipment to move pallets to designated areas.
* Ensures that safety regulations are adhered to.
* Accurately and consistently complete product control record.
* Good attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong oral/written communication skills; must be proficient in English.
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent
* License / Registrations/ Certifications: N/A
* Experience: 1 year experience plus forklift and/or driver experience
* Physical Requirements: Repeatedly lift and maneuver 50-75 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: carry, drywall, labor, load, loader, maintain, mop, non skilled, roofer, worker
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...