This position is considered a working lead, however performs a wide variety of supervisory, inspection and scheduling functions along with general security functions. The position assists the Public Safety Director in the operational efficiency of the Public Safety Department. The Lead PSO is responsible for maintaining a high quality, community and customer service based security for the health system. Lead PSO are responsible for the support of all security officers on the shift assigned.
* Responsible for scheduling, shift coverage special security detail (security 1 to 1) and vacation scheduling to assure 24 hour proprietary Public Safety guard force coverage. * Oversees, distributes and assigns shift tasks such as post assignments, ID Badging Hours, parking lot audits, Code Drills and unit tabletops, lost and founds inspections, M-Room Form Audits, Bank Runs and conducts shift briefings. * Reviews cameras, Daily Activity Reports and Detex tours, analyzes data and provides monthly reports. * Collects and archives weekly site incident statistics. * Maintains a clean and orderly post. Conducts basic cleaning and disinfection of public safety desktops, computers, equipment and vehicle when necessary or as directed. * Assists in the development, rollout and ongoing compliance with departmental policies and procedures. * Provide coverage at the Switchboard, Communication and Dispatch Center. * Supports the director with a variety of administrative functions, such as filing, document review, Fire Drill Forms and Fire Extinguisher Inspections. * Attend meetings and trainings related to the role; such as WPV Committees, Use of Force Committee, BHU Safety Committee, Emergency Management Committee and associated trainings. * Maintains open communication and professional relationships with internal and external partners. * Acts as a liaison between the hospital and local emergency service in the event of a site emergency. * Supports the hospitals core values and mission by providing exceptional customer focused service for patients, visitors and staff. * Conducts all duties as outline in the Public Safety Officer Job Description (Position Code 925)
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job
that may reasonably be required.
* Thorough working knowledge of hospital, security and/or public safety operations required. * 2+ years previous/current law enforcement, military and/or hospital security experience in a supervisory role required. * Must have strong overall computer skills and demonstrate strong skills in Microsoft Suite * General knowledge of CCTV, ID Badge and Access Control Systems is required. * Ability to utilize a telephone, computer, communications and dispatch software.
* Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent schooling required.
* CPI/MOAB Certification Preferred, but required within 3 months of employment. * SSPO or MPTC Police Academy Preferred. * LTC or ability to obtain and maintain one is required * Must maintain valid MA Drivers License * Must complete IAHSS Supervisory Certification within 60 days of employment.
Associated topics: access control, crime, fire investigator, fire protection, guard, policeman, prisoner, probation, safety, violence
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.