* Conducts proactive interior and exterior rounds to prevent, deter and identify potential criminal activity, identify safety concerns and public safety hazards. * Responds to public safety calls for service and triages and addresses emergency situations. * Performs a varying degree of patient watches and monitoring, rounding, parking lot audits and post assignments as directed by the Post Orders. * Provide coverage at the Switchboard, Communication and Dispatch Center. * Acts as a liaison between the hospital and local emergency services. * Utilizes CCTV systems to identify, report and address public safety concerns. * De-escalates crisis situations through verbal de-escalation techniques, when necessary effects physical restraints techniques. * Actively contributes to a growing, high quality, community and customer service based safety program. * Maintains a clean and organized post, equipment and vehicle and conducts basic cleaning when necessary. * Supports the hospitals core values and mission by providing exceptional customer focused service for patients, visitors and staff.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job
that may reasonably be required.
1. Thorough working knowledge of the hospital environment.
2. Previous/current law enforcement and/or military experience preferred
3. Minimum of 1 years' experience in a related role required.
4. Ability to utilize a telephone, computer, communications and dispatch software.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must obtain and maintain MA LTC within 6 months of employment * Must maintain MA Driver's License * Must successfully Complete IHASS Basic Security Office training within 60 Days of employment. * Must obtain and maintain MOAB Certification within 3 months of employment. CPI may be substituted until training is offered by the organization.
Associated topics: armed, corrections officer, fire, fire fighter, firefighter, fire division chief, fire marshal, inspection, police, violence
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.