Under the direction of the Chief Information & Operations Officer, the IT Specialist is responsible for the effective operation and support of the Credit Union's Computer Systems. Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and in compliance with applicable laws governing state chartered credit union
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Acts as technical liaison between the credit union and the Core Data Processor, Telecommunications and Technology Service providers.
- Provides daily technical support and training on new and existing systems to all branches and departments.
- Troubleshoots any computer related issues and ensures prompt recovery of mission critical systems.
- Provides remote assistance via phone, email, and remote support applications.
- Refers more complex problems to senior staff members, and appropriate third-party providers, and follows up until the issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Local/Wide Area Network, Member Telephone Service, Email and VoIP phone system with the collaboration of the managed services vendors.
- Provides support to new technology initiatives, and acts as a project participant.
- Reviews Firewall Management Reports and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Alerts daily and as needed to ensure the security of the credit union's network and IT assets.
- Reviews various security reports (Remote Access, Patch Management, Anti-Spyware, Anti-virus, and Anti-Spam filtering). Monitors various trusted information sources for potential vulnerabilities.
- Assists in the monitoring of system performance and ensures that the network is functioning at optimal performance levels.
- Manages the Credit Union's Email, Productivity and Collaboration Systems, and escalate issues as needed.
- Processes System Access Authorization forms for all systems, and ensures that department heads approve any new additions, changes, and deletions of employee login credentials.
- Maintains detailed reports on ongoing issues and requests and update them in the IT Issues Tracking sheet.
- Monitors Data Backups of computer systems and initiates Recovery tests on a predetermined schedule. Restore data as requested by end users.
- Assists in the proper maintenance of all Credit Union hardware and software solutions.
- Maintain printing supplies, troubleshoot related issues for all systems.
- Monitors the ATM network on a daily basis, and escalate potential issues to service providers.
- Assists in the development and revision of documentation for cross-training and compliance purposes.
- Trains or instruct users in the use of computer equipment, electronic office equipment and operating procedures.
- Audits internal policies and procedures for quality control and compliance purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of computer technology. Maintains a good understanding of major developments that effect decisions in the IT area.
- Assists in the IT Risk Assessment process and ensures compliance with regulations.
- Assists in Regulatory and Internal Audits to ensure the correct observance of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, and updating a contacts database of Technology vendors.
- Assists with processes for tracking User Control Considerations (e.g., SOC 1 and 2 reviews, security reviews) as well as regulatory examination reports if available, to ensure the adequacy of the service providers' systems and controls including resource availability, security, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Assists in the evaluation of service providers to determine their levels of service rendered to the credit union. Assists in the Due Diligence review of existing and new Technology vendors.
- Assists in the review of the service provider's business resumption contingency plans to ensure that any services considered mission critical for the institution can be restored within an acceptable timeframe.
- Assists with Disaster Recovery processes, and participates in the exercises, and maintains updated documentation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum Three years of increasingly responsible experience in an analytical capacity, with solid interpersonal skills. Must possess experience in the support and administration of desktops and local area networks. Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic, and fast paced environment where creative and strategic thinking is required. Experience related to network operating systems, networking standards, computer/network hardware and system maintenance is required. Working knowledge of Information Security, and virtualization infrastructure administration.
- Equivalent education to an Associates' degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business management, management information systems, information technology or a related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Networking, Computer Systems support and maintenance. Must have knowledge of:
- Network Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and greater (Active Directory User Setup and Maintenance), VMWare ESX Platform
- Desktop Operating Systems: Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise and greater, (End-User Support and Basic Troubleshooting)
- Software: Solid Desktop Application Knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365), Adobe Acrobat, and third party add-ons (Java, Flash, etc...)
- Core Data Processing: Strong Knowledge of Fiserv XP2 Core Applications, and ancillary Fiserv products (Online Banking, Nautilus, Prologue)
- Security: Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Systems' monitoring / reporting, Log review, Virus and Malware cleanup, Websense Web Security Gateway Management
- Mobile Platforms: Mobile Device Management for Apple IOS, Google Android primarily, Security Setup, Maintenance
- Must possess strong analytical aptitude and solid technical foundation with a working knowledge of the banking/credit union industry
- Good communication skills are needed. Including the ability to read periodicals, journals, and manuals. Prepare written communications including email, letters, summaries, reports conforming to the rules of punctuation and grammar. Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or business partners. Ability to effectively present information to management
- Must possess good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work flexible and weekend hours as needed
- Ability to travel to different sites and locations in the metro Boston area, about 10% of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time and communicate orally, both over the phone and face-to-face, with members and vendors. The employee must be able to view a computer monitor and use an alpha-numeric keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tremont Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tremont Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, server, system engineer, system technician, technician