University Emergency Medicine Foundation (UEMF) is the academic emergency medicine physician practice plan of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Alpert Medical School of Brown University. UEMF provides emergency department staffing for Rhode Island Hospital, the only Level I trauma center in this region; Hasbro Children's Hospital, Rhode Island's only children's specialty hospital; The Miriam Hospital, a leading community teaching hospital and Newport Hospital, a community Magnet Hospital. UEMF member physicians and providers treat over 250,000 patients per year at our 4 clinical sites, drawing patients from Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. As a non-profit foundation, UEMF is committed to its mission and vision of academic and research support. UEMF offers an excellent benefits package, including 85-90% employer-paid medical and dental, vision, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and generous 401(k) retirement-plan.
UEMF is currently seeking a highly motivated and professional IT Intern within our IT Department. Under the general direction of the Network Administrator and the Systems Administrator, the IT Intern will provide computer support to UEMF's systems and staff including, but not limited to: setup and support of server, hardware, telecommunications, e-mail, and security systems.
Other responsibilities include:
* Provides support to the installation, administration, and ongoing maintenance of UEMF's network, computer hardware, intranet, telecommunications, phone, and security systems to keep computer systems current.
* Provides troubleshooting support to staff at multiple locations on UEMF's network, VoIP, Next Gen, custom programs, individual desktops, printers, scanners, copiers, etc. Provides technical systems education and training to staff, when needed.
* Analyzes current systems and recommends new systems, hardware, software, and technologies that support cost-effective solutions.
* Investigates hardware and system problems and performs system and communication connection repairs.
* Installs PC's and related hardware for all new employees.
* Creates and maintains technical documentation, processes, and application changes.
* Designs, develops, test, and documents custom programs to interact with and enhance legacy information systems.
The qualifications for the position are:
* Position requires an Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and knowledge of computerized systems. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Zero to two years related experience; healthcare systems preferred.
* Proficiency in administration and support of systems running Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows Desktop, and MAC operating systems.
* Basic understanding in virtualization technology-VMware and Citrix.
* Basic understanding in database design and database application management including SQL Server and Microsoft Access.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, VIOP phone system, and Terminal Server environment.
* Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and coherent manner.
* Must be enrolled in a college or university.
* Must submit a background release form and demonstrate proof of being free form disqualifying information.
* Must have a driver's license and access to an insured vehicle as some transportation may be required.
* Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Successful candidate must submit to a background release form, demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information and must possess a driver's license and access to an insured vehicle as some transportation may be required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves and others. UEMF is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide a workplace free from harassment. For more information about UEMF, please visit our website at www.uemf.org.
Associated topics: infrastructure, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.