Position Summary: The Director, Supply Planning will serve in a leadership role and is responsible for the management and execution of key cross-functional projects throughout the Timberland Operations and extended VF Global Supply Chain. The role is responsible for designing, planning, executing, controlling, and monitoring supply planning activities with the objectives of delivering customer service excellence, synchronizing supply with demand, increasing inventory efficiency to improve inventory turns and Days of Supply (DOS) while reducing inventory investment, measuring supply performance, and strengthening relations with the sourcing offices.
The individual will lead, coach and develop a team of direct and indirect reports; and develop and implement a succession plan within the function. This individual will provide leadership and execution of key projects and programs that advance initiatives and develop capabilities supporting Timberland growth and productivity improvements. In addition, the Director plays a key role in supporting the Timberland S&OP process and all related supply and inventory meetings and improvement projects. Works quite independently and handles VP sponsored projects of the highest complexity. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Responsible for helping to achieve sales by ensuring on time and in full product deliveries against forecasts and buys. Responsible for data integrity in systems, supporting VF software implementations, coordinating data information flow, set benchmarks, constantly look for ways to reduce costs or improve lead times.
1. Responsible for all supply related activities including monthly capacity reviews, on time deliveries, production sourcing strategies and sourcing office agreements, and 5-year supply plan reviews by category. Collaborate with the sourcing offices to ensure that we have a sourcing strategy on apparel and footwear that supports Timberland growth and 5-year business plan targets.
2. Establish lead-time calendars, manage order base to ensure on time delivery to DC and Wholesale & Retail customers. Manage buys and lead monthly meetings and ad hoc meetings with sourcing offices to manage exceptions and minimize impact to the business.
3. Develops strategies to minimize any supply /supplier risks. Manages and meets airfreight budget balancing customer needs and inventory levels.
4. Responsible for supporting monthly S&OP process including all related supply, inventory and customer service cross functional meetings.
5. Participate in Quarterly Leadership Sourcing Reviews and provide input on supplier performance and strategy execution. Develop Timberland operations strategic direction in alignment with the Timberland Operation VP and help drive best in class processes for wholesale and retail.
6. Ensure that the cross functional team is working on strategic initiatives to create value for the Timberland business: Apparel Lead Time Reduction, Apparel Tariff Engineering Optimization, Footwear Duty Optimization, Cost Improvements, Multi Horizon Planning, Distribution Strategies, Inventory Flow Optimization.
7. Responsible for managing Timberland Inventory levels (Regular, Excess, TBD & Distressed) and achieving appropriate monthly/yearly budgets. Drive process improvements for Wholesale and Retail businesses to support long term sustainable inventory reductions. Partner with DTC Team to identify, create and implement inventory and GMROI improvement projects.
8. Manage and facilitate annual budget process reviewing performance monthly. Responsible for establishing inventory objectives, customer service targets, and airfreight budgets. Ensures that we hit all operational targets as well as the key P&L financial targets (Revenue, Margin, Operation Expenses, & Op Income).
9. Responsible for partnering with the VF Global Business Technology (GBT) team on the supply planning system strategy and infrastructure. Ensure that the Business Intelligence Tool and reports enable supply chain analysis and reporting. Manage any system enhancements and upgrades.
10. Coaches and directs planning managers and their direct reports. Ensures that their performance plans meet organizational objectives. Develop a succession plan. Establishes performance expectations, skill and competency development plans for all associates in supply planning. Identifies talent gaps and implements improvement plans.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ years of operations experience, 4+ years of people management experience
Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university (Preferred concentration in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, or Business Management) MBA/MS in Business Administration is preferred
Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
Strong organizational skills.
High customer focus with an ability to drive for results.
Ability to work/communicate with all levels of the organization.
Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
Develops collaborative and diverse relationships.
Ability to understand, assess & problem solve.
Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing, databases).
Familiar with Legality Forecasting System.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Approximately 20% travel required including global travel to Asia and Europe
Loading some great jobs for you...