At Woodard & Curran, there's nothing we enjoy more than an engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues?solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
As the traditional IT-based principles of server-client architectures, segmented networks and virtualized environments comes to the industrial controls/SCADA world, the SCADA design and implementation teams need an individual possessing experience in those areas. As part of our team, the successful candidate will collaborate with instrumentation and control (I&C) design staff, implementation engineers, project managers, consultants and clients to design, configure and commission the Windows systems and IT networks associated with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems. Typical responsibilities include:
* Lead and contribute to hands-on network assessments, design and implementation of small to medium networks for water and wastewater treatment processes;
* Configure small to medium sized Windows Server-based virtualization solutions such as servers, thin clients, thick clients, and more;
* Configure and commission industrial networking hardware, including security appliances, Ethernet switches, wireless access points, cellular modems, and more;
* Communicate to internal and external project team members the impact and requirements of production networks related to SCADA projects;
* QA/QC design deliverables produced by the design team and the configurations developed by the integration team around networking components;
* Develop and provide technical training on networking principles and practices to design staff and integration staff, including networking design, component selection, networking theory, configuration of specific equipment, configure maintenance and troubleshooting practices, and more.
* Document security policies, user requirements, system specifications, proposed system designs for the physical and logical aspects of industrial control system networks;
* Stay current with industry best practices and apply these practices in deliverables.
To be successful as a member of our team, the candidate should exhibit these traits:
* Able to work independently, but also able to contribute in a team environment;
* Have strong communication skills (oral and written) and effectively communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
* Possess strong organizational skills;
* Attention to detail;
* Self-motivated and self-starting;
* Able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
* Not afraid to ask questions.
As Woodard & Curran continues to grow its national footprint, we increase our opportunities to work with regional and national clients. Because of this, the candidate should be flexible for 5-10% travel in the New England region and nationwide. Travel will predominantly consist of day trips with the occasional overnight.
* BS in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or associated field;
* 5-8 years' experience designing, deploying, administering, troubleshooting, and tuning Windows systems and servers in small to medium network environments;